Medications play an important role in dental care and require unique formulations to ensure appropriate delivery to the mouth. Our site offers unique options for your medication needs related to dental health. There are a variety of circumstances that warrant dental compounding including: procedural anxiety, pain relief, dry socket treatment, fluoride treatment, gum disease, anti-infective agents, plaque removal, ulcers, canker sores, and even tooth whitening. Some examples of what we can compound to fit your dental care needs are listed below.
- Flavoring solutions to make medications bearable, as many dental rinses (like pain relievers, fluorides, and antibiotics) have awful taste.
- Relieving needle anxiety for patients with topical anesthetic prior to dental visits.
- Preparing topical formulations for patients incapable of swallowing medications.
- Creating unique suspensions/solutions for patients that need to irrigate tooth sockets or manage symptoms of dry mouth.
- Allergen free formulation alternatives such as non-caine anesthetics, sugar free mouth washes, and a variety of other options
Please feel free to contact us to see how we can optimize your dental care. We are happy to work with you and your Dentist to find creative solutions to whatever medication needs come your way.